Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Hero

Roena Earles, my hero. She has been with me for 16 years and will be with me forever. She passed away on October 14, 2009, the day my world came crashing down. She was my best friend and a teacher. She was just an amazing person in general. She loved everyone unconditionally, and she made an impact on every life she came into contact with. Roena was my mamaw, the only one I have never known. She experienced many dangerous situations with her now deceased husband, Bill, which brings me to the most admiring thing about her. My mamaw looked past the ugly things in every single person, and saw the beautiful. Every human being was beautiful in her eyes. I hope to one day have as much passion about everything as her. On another note, she was also a teacher. She taught me to work hard, never give up, and strive for what you want. A famous quote of hers has made me realize that these days you honestly can't achieve anything without college. She was so funny. Even in her last week of living she could make me laugh. She had a sense of humor that just came out, she didn't have to try. All these qualities about her have made me admire her so much. She has made a tremendous impact on me and will always be in my heart forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment